Thursday, November 1, 2012

Mom's Famous Cinnamon Roll Recipe

 
 
 
But you shall serve the Lord your God, and He will bless your bread and your water.
-Exodus 23:25
 
 
 
 
Homemade Cinnamon Rolls!
 
Scald 1 1/2c. milk and 1 stick butter then cool completely.
In large bowl, mix 2 packages of rapid rise yeast and 1/2 c. luke warm water until dissolved.
Add 1/2 c. sugar, 2 eggs, 1 1/2 tsp. salt to this and mix well with fork.
Measure out 6-7 c. flour.
To yeast mixture, alternately add milk and butter mixture and flour. (May not take all of flour)
Dough should not be real stiff, just kinda soft.
Knead slightly.
Pour a little oil around dough ball and set in warm place to raise (until double in size-1 1/2 hours)
Punch it down and raise again. (1 hour)
Punch down and roll out on floured surface 1/4 inch thick.
Smear softened margarine all over.
Cover with brown sugar and smootho out.
Sprinkle with cinnamon.
Roll up and slice off.
Put in pans and raise again slightly (15 min.)
Bake at 325 until slightly browned.
 
Glaze when cool.
Make a thick glaze with confectionary sugar, vanilla, and water or milk!!
 
 


3 comments:

  1. I have to say these pics make me want a cinnamon roll right now! Can't you mail one out here piping hot? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this picture of you...so beautiful you are, inside and out and I love seeing God working in your life. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to try these today! :D Thanks for the yummy looking recipe!

    ReplyDelete