I got a nice surprise this weekend. We were already so excited that my parents were coming to visit, and it seemed like the past week went by super slow. They rolled in late Thursday night on a donut tire, because they popped one when they were almost here.
We were ready for a relaxing weekend just us 4, little did we know. On friday night late Mom and I had fell asleep on the couches and Dad and Jordan had already went to bed. I was dreaming of people knocking on the windows and doors and when I opened my eyes, I saw Laurie's face in the window. I ran to the door (still half asleep) to find the whole family (minus Macy) and we all squealed and gave hugs! Dad came down from upstairs, and Jordan came out from the bedroom with huge eyes. Mom was the only one that knew. :)
It was awesome.
Way better than getting a relaxing weekend.
We all got to be together for 2 whole days!
Now they are gone, but they left some things behind.
They are probably missing their comforter, backscratcher, mascara, and comb. But they are probably doing more good here, because everytime I've looked at them I think of home and the good times we had this weekend.
I love them!
thanks for making me cry, Abbie...we had so much fun and I was so excited to surprise you...memories were made and relationships were strengthened...thanks for your great hospitality, you are always a great hostess...love you!!
ReplyDeletewell...yes, i do miss my backscratcher! but not near as much as i miss YOU!! i am so thankful for our fun weekend. the Lord always knows just what we need!! and we needed some together time:) it was chaotic at times juggling everything around to make room for us but hey...we are family and this family IS chaotic sometimes...lol. thanks so very very much for staying so calm and energetic and hospitable for the whole weekend. love you and jordan to the moon and back! momma
ReplyDelete