Monday, January 30, 2012


Granny singing.


Granny is on the right.



Top right.



Wasn't she beautiful?!




Granny Boone has been on my mind lately. Oh how I miss her. Here is a thing or 2 about her.

I act like her in so many ways its not funny.
She taught me how to crochet.
She LOVED to craft.
She laughed until she cried (a lot).
She lived with us for 8 (?) years.
Once at the beach house she said "Now, I dont normally make a habit of stealing but I LOVE this mug". :)
She sang the "West Virginia Hills" song. A lot.



She LOVED to dip her spoon in the applesauce jar even when she had plenty on her plate.

Oh how I loved her.

She taught me to be a Woman who loves God.
She told anyone and everyone that I was her "youngest granddaughter".
She loved chocolate. (I do too)
She snuck chocolate and left the papers and when we questioned her she just laughed and laughed.
She loved me to brush her hair.
When she could no longer get up she insisted we leave the dishes for her to wash.

Bless her.

She made me a lot of doll clothes.
She insisted a kiss from every single person at Christmas.
Everyone called her Granny. (whether she was or not)

She loved her husband for many many years.
Even after she forgot many of us, she still knew him by his picture.
She said "Thats my sweetheart".
He was a lucky man.

She stuck her bottom dentures out at every child that ever came over.
She never wanted to be alone.
I got to hold her hand when she took her last breath.
I always thought death would be scary, but it was peaceful because she was going to meet her Jesus.

I could go on and on.
 I have many precious thoughts of my Granny.

I know she would have loved to have seen me get married, but someday I will see her again!

I love you Granny.



She crocheted these for my dolls when I was little.



A doily she made, that I have.





These 2 sets of dishes were my "wedding gift"
(Before I even knew Jordan) :)




A crocheted table cloth.



Im not a fan of hearts, but this was my graduation gift, and I love it.




Another quilt from her. 



She loved the same colors as me appearantly and birds :)
This was hers.





5 comments:

  1. i must have needed a good cry b/c the tears are plentiful right now!! thank you, abbie, for these sweet memories!! i go upstairs every so oten to the red room closet and look over her things that are still there(things that were hers and things we used to help take care of her) and always, always it comes to my mind---oh just to be able to take of her one more time. she was special and i only pray that i can be that easy to take care of when it is that time(if it is). she got MUCH pleasure from spoiling you in every way possible because it took her mind off of grandpa(he was sick then and she cared for him). i def think you act like her and also look a lot like her in her young days. will be wonderful and so sweet when we get to again see her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok so I did pretty good...until...I went to you tube and listened to west virginia hills...I can just hear her singing it now...thank you for posting this and bringing sweet granny to my mind...its been awhile since I've thought of her...now she's singing with her King...love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abby, your granny was special to a lot of people! Your memories are precious and you can always have them. I never knew a real blood grandma so I think I grabbed the ones of others that showed me some kindness. Your Granma was one of them when I was young in the fellowship that always seemed to care. I will never forget her either. One memory you spoke of that made me smile was the "taking" of the mug! Praise God for grannies!!Blessing to you, Lucille

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh sweet post. I loved Granny too. She used to say, getting tanner! everytime we would take a break from laying out to come in and get a drink. Remember? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh...that's my "Granny" too! It is special to hear of her 'younger' grandchildren's memories. Different from some of ours, and so like our own memories too! Love her and missing her...

    ReplyDelete